Welcome to the Richmond Group
You can become more successful as a consultant by being a member of RG.
This is because you will experience:
- Personal development through thought provoking events
- Practice development through new ideas and options from colleague members
- Business development through networking with other members
Personal Development through thought provoking events
- Saturday seminars. These are held every other month and typically have two speakers – one from RG, and one external covering a truly diverse range of fascinating topics from new approaches to strategy, social networking, fish markets in New York, development pathways of technologies (TRIZ), to the importance of punctuation! Prepare to have your horizon expanded through thought provoking access to fascinating speakers. As an RG member you get free access to all Saturday seminars although payment may be required for refreshments and lunch.
- London weekday seminars. At cost access to London evening seminars/meetings held through RG’s partnership with Jungle Drums.
Practice development through new ideas and options from colleague members
- Networking at events and using online facilities. The on-line facilities include a linked-in membership group and a private GoogleGoup email facility.
- Peer support. Members are quick to respond to appeals for support and help from other Members.
- Peer knowledge and experience. The membership of RG covers a broad variety of management/business consultancy disciplines and market sectors, so you can draw on a broad range of perspectives and experience.
Business development through networking with other members
- Business development. Members are featured in the Directory of Consultants. Also, Members often introduce opportunities and collaborate on business development and client projects.
- Richmond Group brand. The right to use of the Richmond Group brand on your website and other marketing collateral.
The Group exists to support its consultant Members by providing opportunities and resources for professional development, practice development, and business development.
The Richmond Group of Independent Consultants Ltd was first constituted in October 1982.
It arose from the Sole Practitioners and Small Firms special interest group of the Institute of Management Consultancy (which is now the Institute of Consulting), which had been meeting regularly at a hotel in Richmond, Surrey.
With its cadre of senior, experienced members who bring exceptional skills and experience to assignments, the Richmond Group rivals many larger consultancies. Indeed, it is from these large consultancies that many of our Members have gained their consultancy training and experience at senior level, while others have held important positions in industry and commerce.
The Richmond Group is not required to register with the Information Commissioner’s office, however we do need to comply with the European Union’s GDPR, please click here to download our privacy notice.
Members have expertise in a wide range of functions and market sectors including:
Go to Market
Marketing and Brand
Project and Programme Management
M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions)
Manufacturing and Distribution
And many more….
What RG member clients get from working with RG members
The Richmond Group Consultancy Service Video:
Clients of RG consultants benefit from:
- Working with highly experienced and able consultants (otherwise they would not be able to be RG members)
- Access to functional and sector aspects which their consultant can bring in through the RG network
- Assurance of professional and ethical standards underwritten by the RG code of practice
To see precisely what RG consultants have to offer please check out our Directory of Members page. Please make direct contact with the consultant(s) concerned to discuss your requirements in more detail.
- Saturday morning seminars. Free to members, there are normally 6 of these each year. The format varies but typically involves 2 speakers, Member news and time for networking. Saturday seminars are held at the varying venues including the Hilton Cobham and The Leatherhead Golf Club.
- London evening seminars. These occasional events are normally held in central London such as The Lamb Public House. The format is varied but they are all interactive and informal. We also have a close relationship with the Jungledrum who meet monthly, normally Upstairs @ The Royal Oak, York Street, Marylebone, London W1H 1QN
- Group email. Members have access to an exclusive Group email address which enables them to contact all Members with one email. This is used to introduce work opportunities, seek help and to provide information.
- Conferences. The Group arranges conferences from time-to-time.
- Social activities. There is an annual golf day. Other social activities have included Christmas suppers and weekend barbeques.
- Linkedin Group. Richmond Group has a Linkedin group with over 250 members.
- Twitter. Our twitter feed @RichmondGroupUK is another means for members and others to interact.