Benefits of Joining Richmond Group
You too can become more successful as a consultant by being a member of RG.
We welcome consultants who are just setting up independently. The group is very supportive and keen to share their experiences. Members will respond to requests for information and happily give their time to enable others to get started.
Equally we welcome established consultants whose experience and knowledge, always adds to our collective capability. The friendly atmosphere encourages exchange of ideas and lively debate. Members are able to complement each other’s skills and collaborate on projects.
Benefits of membership of the Richmond Group are significant.
Saturday and Weekday Evening meetings. Free access to every half-day Saturday or Evening meeting (see Events). All meetings are held on zoom with occasional opportunities for physical get togethers
Lunchtime weekday discussions. Shorter topical meetings (see Events ).
Members only social events.
- These have included Christmas suppers and weekend barbeques, and online meetups for members. (invitation only).
✓ Business development.
Members introduce work opportunities to the Group. Also, Members often collaborate on business development and client projects.
✓ Peer support.
Members are quick to respond to appeals for support from other Members. As a Member you can contact Members directly through an exclusive group email.
Some examples of the type of support which Members freely provide to each other include:
- Advice regarding their projects (respecting, of course, requirements for client confidentiality).
- Advice on proposals and bids.
- Expert knowledge about specific sectors.
- Introductions to work opportunities.
- Informal coaching and mentoring.
- Recommendations about suppliers (eg for insurance or technology/software).
- Support and advice at difficult moments (eg if you ever have a lull in work).
✓ Learning and continued professional development.
This can be gained, for example:
- Attending and participating in the seminars/meetings.
- Networking with other Members.
- Working on projects with other Members.
Membership enables many opportunities for networking with other members and visitors to our meetings. Networking is also facilitated with our exclusive members’ email and through our Linkedin Group.
✓ Use of the Richmond Group brand.
Members use the Richmond Group brand, which recognises that they are a professional consultant and qualified member of an established network and community of expert independent consultants. We also encourage our members to undertake activities (e.g. draft white papers, blog posts, conduct original research etc.), which enhances the brand image and complements their own business development initiatives.
The Joining Process
Step 1: Attend a couple of meetings
You can attend up to two events as a guest at £10 each to see if you like RG.
To book: please go to the Eventbrite link.
Step 2: Application form and CV
Send us your cv or link to LinkedIn profile, together with a completed application form and declaration.
Download them here
Step 3. Attend virtual meeting with two members of our Board
They will discuss what your professional background and the nature of your work.
Explain what RG can offer you & what you can contribute to RG.
Then answer any question you have.
Step 4. Once your application is approved
Pay joining fee £50 +vat (Currently waived for those joining by May 2021) and subscription £10 +vat per month
Step 5: Welcome! You’re a member
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us (link to contact us)
- Your primary occupation is as an independent consultant.
- You will be sole trader or member of a firm with no more than 5 Principals.
- You are a Fellow or Full Member of a professional institution acceptable to Richmond Group. Such institutions a) operate codes of conduct and b) have CPD requirements which are either directly connected with management consulting or with the professional area of advice/consultancy you offer clients. Some examples of approved institutions include: Institute of Consulting; CIPD, CIPS, ACA, CIPFA, ICE and IET. Contact our Membership Secretary, Chris Edge, to ask about institutions to which you belong.
You have 5 years’ experience of working as a management consultant. These need not be consecutive or in your current practice. They can include time spent as an internal consultant.
The membership fee is £10 + vat. per month
There is a one-off joining administration fee of £50. (This is currently waived if you join before end of May 2021)
“I’d just like to briefly share (being a new member, and a newer consultant) that this has been very useful and enlightening. I have also much enjoyed the previous two Saturday meetings, both the ‘mixing in’ with the industry, and the professional development aspects achieved from the presentations. I’ve justified my membership fee already. A very good impression and I would think/hope that potential new members will view RG similarly.”
“I’m currently on holiday but found the first RG meeting I attended very useful.
The members were warm, kind and generous so I definitely intend to return.”