Barry Tuckwood, an accomplished independent consultant and project manager with over 20 years' experience, has created and managed successful programmes involving the public and private sector, their supply chains and their stakeholders. These have been from concept to completion including contract procurement and management. Barry is a Chartered Engineer and a Certified Management Consultant.
The breadth of his experience with public sector, blue chip companies, nuclear, oil and gas, utilities and pharmaceuticals, construction, and port operations, provides an assurance of his ability to work successfully with a wide range of people and organisations for the successful delivery of projects and programmes.
Barry ensures that strategic change projects yield results by adopting a pragmatic approach to programme and project management, particularly with complex programmes that involve multiple autonomous organisations, drawing teams together to identify a common goal and a route to achieving success.
His work at executive levels includes
• Member of the Information Systems Expert Panel for the Institution of Civil Engineers;
• Trustee on the International Management Board of the Association of MBAs for three years;
• Chair of the Richmond Group of independent consultants for two years;
• Tutor for Durham Business School since 1994 on their global MBA programme.
Major interests are in:
• Defining and delivering complex projects;
• Providing supporting training material and events on subjects including Building Information Modelling (BIM), project success, change management, strategy, and governance;
• Coaching and mentoring individuals.
Strategy Development; Project Definistion and Project Management; Change Management; Procurement; Process Review; Project Review
B Tech (Hons) M Eng MBA C Eng MICE MIStructE MIC CMC